Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's My Birthday!

Today is my birthday!  I'm working today, but I can't complain... I had a great weekend.  I spent the weekend with my best friend, Reed, who came in town.  While here, we did a lot of what I love to do...watch Kentucky basketball (Go CATS) & EAT!  We went to two new-to-me restaurants in Baltimore that not only were delicious, but also had a lot of style.  Here's just a taste...

Beautiful organic feel chandelier with an intricate black and white ceiling.

What I ate: Yummy Mimosa & Traditional Benedict (Two stacks of poached eggs & Canadian bacon atop an English muffin drizzled with hollandaise sauce.  Served with fresh fruit.)

Mama's On The Half Shell
I couldn't get a good picture of it, but Mama's has the most beautifully framed mirror over the fireplace upstairs.  My mission is to find a picture of this mirror.  Mama's also has a collection of oyster serving plates in shadow boxes...ridiculously beautiful and something I never would have thought to do.  As a collection, it looked something like this...

What I ate: 1/2 Dozen Blue Point Oysters, Caesar Salad, & Seafood Chowder (Shrimp, scallops, clams, applewood smoked bacon, & heavy cream) YUM!

What are some of the most beautiful and tasty restaurants in your city?

No comments:

Post a Comment