Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cup Obsession

I am obsessed with vintage cups.  I am especially obsessed with miniature glasses.  I first became obsessed when I visited Germany and had a personal encounter with an older German woman's vintage glasses and hand-painted ceramic coasters.  I could not get over the perfection of these tiny sets, so much so, that the BF finagled these sets from the woman and shipped them back for me.  Yeah, I know, he's a keeper!  Unfortunately, in a heartbreaking shipping malfunction (never use DHL), every glass and coaster in the set was shattered except for one glass and one coaster.  Finally, a few months ago, the remaining glass was knocked off my shelf.  It was just not meant to be.

Anytime I see vintage glasses, I am stopped in my tracks and barely fight off the urge to purchase.  However, two weeks ago, I came across a deal I couldn't pass up.  7 kelly green vintage glasses with white polka dots and a vintage glass holder for only $17!  The glass holder was an unappetizing pea green but after a few coats of white lacquer spray paint,  I could not be happier.  Anyone want to come over for some ice tea?!


No comments:

Post a Comment